Winter Recreation Safety Tips
- Stay to the right and travel in single file.
- Downhill persons have the right-of-way.
- Stop where you are visible to others.
- Avoid obstructing a trail.
- Fill in sitzmarks (holes created by falling).
- Pack it in, pack it out.
- Avoid loud and/or abusive language or actions. These are family-use areas.
- Consider making a donation using this website or a tube at the ski area entrance. Donations are used to maintain trails and entrance roads.
- Dress in layers and appropriate gear to keep warm and dry.
- Be prepared for sudden changes in weather.
- Wear sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Carry nutritious snacks and plenty of water.
- Be aware of where you are at all times; use an area map and compass.
- Carry a first aid kit and know how to use the items inside.
- Carry identification with a list of medications and contacts.
- Tell someone where you are going and when you plan to return. There is not reliable cellular phone service at the nordic areas.